What is QTP?
Quick test professional is a graphical user interface record-playback functional test automation tool. It supports functional testing of all enterprise applications developed using .NET,Java/J2EE,SAP, Siebel,Oracle, Peoplesoft,Visual basic etc.
It supports both windows and web applications.
QTP testing process consist of 6 main phases
- Create your test plan The test plan should include a detailed description of the test that consist exact steps to follow, data to be input, verification and validation of objects in the application.
- Recording a Session on your application When you are navigating through your application QTP displays each step you perform in the form of a collapsible form of icon-based tree. A step is an action that you perform in your application. It can be a clicking a link or image or entering data in a form.
- Enhancing your test you can enhance the test by putting checkpoints into your test which allow you to search for a specific value of a page,object or string which helps you to understand whether or not your application is functioning properly. You can add the check points during the recording of a test. you can also add conditional and logic statement to your test.
- Debugging your test You can debug the test to identify the operation of a test.
- Running your test Run the test to check the behavior of the application. While running QTP connects to your application and performs each step in your test.
- Analyze the Results Analyze the results to identify the defects in your application.
- Reporting Defects You can create defect reports in defecting reporting tool.
Features: QTP 8.0
- Operates stand-alone
- Identifies objects with unique object recognition.
- Enables thorough validation of applications through check points
- Reliable script execution from Build-to-Build.
In next post i will explain how to execute the test case using QTP.