1. Web 2.0 is a term coined by Oâ€™Reilly Media.
2. Web 2.0 is a second generation of internet based services.
3. Web 2.0 hints a improved form of world wide web.
Characteristics of Web 2.0
1. Delivering applications entirely through the browser.
2. Rich, interactive user friendly interface based on Ajax or similar frameworks.
3. Some social networking aspects.
4. An architecture of participation and democracy that encourages users to add
value to the application.
A Web 2.0 sites have following technical advance features
1. Ajax Based rich internet application techniques.
2. Non Ajax Based rich internet application techniques.
3. Cascading Style Sheets.
4. Web Services API.
5. Web blog publishing.
6. Clean and Meaningful Urls.
7. Syndication and aggregation of data in RSS/Atom.
9. Folksonomy (Tags and Tagging).